CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oedipus Rex..

My children, generations of the living
In the line of Kadmos, nursed at his ancient hearth:
In supplication, with your boughs and garlands?
The breath of incense rises from the city
With a sound of prayer and lamentation.

- The Origin of Oedipus the King

My children, latest born to Cadmus old,
Why sit ye here as suppliants, in your hands
Branches of olive filleted with wool?
What means this reek of incense everywhere,
And everywhere laments and litanies?

-has been told in a story-telling fashion

Saturday, March 29, 2008

How to evaluate others in simulated teaching..

In evaluating others, we have to consider a few aspects. Evaluating also can be divided into several stages – set induction, pre-reading, while-reading but not including post-reading.
The first thing that should be considered is how my friends dressed up. This is important thing because a teacher must wear attire like a real teacher. May be some of my course mates did not think so because this is only a practice but for me, even though it is only a practice, we must consider all things.
Second, set induction is a very important stage for me. This is the very beginning of a lesson so, the teacher should do something to refresh students’ mind. Teacher can do something interesting as a set induction just to relate to the lesson and at the same time trigger students’ interest.
The pre-reading and while-reading stages are also important. A teacher who can make students pay attention to him is a good teacher. The activities must be appropriate with the level of proficiency. If the students are in intermediate level, the activities or exercises should not be too difficult and not too easy. The evaluation should not be focusing on the teacher only, but also the students. Either they pay attention to what is taught in front or they do something else.
Finally yet importantly, the language used by the teacher should be considered also. A teacher must show to the students that he or she speaks in correct grammar and fluent. The language is evaluated whether it is good or has a lots of grammatical error and sentence structure.
With all those aspects, I hope my course mates and I will approve our skill in handling a simulated teaching in class.

1 comments:

Joyce a.k.a Hoe-Yi said...

Once again, you have alerted me that the attire of a teacher is very important. I have learned from you that we have to put attire as our consideration in order to reflect a good teacher’s image. Thanks Wani for your reminder. I will always remember the importance of the attire for a teacher.
I agree with you that set induction is very important. Without an interesting set induction, it is hard to draw students’ attention to the teacher for the rest of the activities. For me, I have to also be more creative in my set induction during teaching because I love to put pictures only in set induction. In future, I will try to put more interesting set inductions to make my teaching effective.
Besides that, it is also true that we can put students into consideration during evaluation because the effectiveness of a teacher’s teaching can be reflected by students. If the students pay attention and responds well in class, it can be said that the teacher is good and effective in his or her teaching.